Also, my definition of business process is an explicitly-defined purposeful coordination of works.
- Modelling of future work by PMO which supplies some standard (or enterprise-wide) procedures as shown below and by the project team which defines Gantt diagrams; PMO does the modelling for all projects and project team does the modelling for its project by defining many interrelated business activities.
- Automation by PMO which supplies some standard docs for all projects
- Execution (actually, self-execution) by all team members (and services involved, e.g. procurement) of business activities assigned to them
- Control by the project manager of schedule (planned, actual, projected), resources (planned, actual, projected), cost (planned, actual, projected), scope (planned, actual, projected), etc.
- Measurement by the PMO of all projects
- Optimisation by the PMO of standard procedures and documents, and by SMEs recommendation for particular types of projects