I would like to introduce you to my new book "Improving enterprise business process management systems" has just been published. This book looks at the following three concepts of BPM:
- [the theory]
- BPM as a management discipline;
- [the tools]
- BPM as a software (BPM suite);
- [the practice]
- BPM as a portfolio of the business processes of an enterprise, and the practices and tools for governing the design, execution and evolution of this portfolio (BPM system).
In particular this book concentrates on the last concept which is often neglected although all enterprises need it. This book will help you to industrialise enterprise BPM systems. It describes a holistic approach to the application of BPM and SOA for improving enterprise business performance, including
- how to use architecture to reduce complexity,
- how to use a BPM reference model and BPM artefacts,
- tips on mastering the most difficult aspect – people,
- guidelines on the modelling in BPMN,
- recommendations for designing flexible systems, and
- in-depth discussion about the link with enterprise architecture (EA).
Extracts and various useful links are available from http://www.samarin.biz/book