- Architecture Design (AD)
- Architecture Governance (AG)
- Innovatives and Optimisation (IO)
Architecture Design or Delivery (AD) – do right things
Architecture Design defines (at the scale of an enterprise) how solutions to be designed, delivered, operated, monitored, evolved and decommissioned (covering of their full life-cycle). EA has to deliver an overall solution for the whole enterprise. It is possible only as a set of smaller ("normal") solutions. Thus EA must control/influence them.
See related blogposts:
- “Enterprise pattern - Platform-Enabled Agile Solutions (PEAS)” http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/search/label/PEAS
- “Architecting #cloud-friendly application architecture #apparch (inspired by #microservices)” http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/2015/04/architecting-cloud-friendly-application.html
- “Synergy between #BPM, #digital, #IoT, #microservices and #blockchain” http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/2015/12/synergy-between-bpm-digital-iot.html
Architecture Governance (AG) – do things right
Architecture Governance controls how all artefacts are managed through their life-cycles, individually and in various assembles.
- “Enterprise pattern - Govern Handling Of Some Things (GHOST)” http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/2015/03/enterprise-patterns-ghost.html and
- “Enterprise pattern – Architecture Governance Anchor (AGA)” http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/2014/03/enterprise-patterns-aga.html
Innovations and Optimisation (IO) – at the right time
Because it is not possible to anticipate everything, EA must be adjustable to quickly changing situation without losing the focus.
- “Linking business strategy and IT strategy” http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/2013/02/linking-business-strategy-and-it.html and http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/search/label/IT%20strategy
- “An example of architecting #digital transformation” http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/2015/06/an-example-of-architecting-digital.html
A few related thoughts
Considering that, IT is only the enterprise-wide function which very critical right now (thanks for #digital) then EA must resolve firstly all the problems of IT.
Architecture Design (AD) is actually responsible for a design of transformation.
Innovative Optimisation (IO) primarily is about validating and executing the strategy.
At the same time, EA has no direct responsibility over IT and business. EA a system-thinking applied management discipline for coordinating people, processes, projects and products – see http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/2014/12/yet-another-definition-of-enterprise.html
In ballet, adagio refers to slow movement, typically performed by a group of dancers with the greatest amount of grace and fluidity than other movements of dance.
Adagio in music (from Wikipedia):
True and heartfelt transfer Adagio is the touchstone of the art performance of each musician and singer. However, the Adagio is a clear indicator of the degree of true talent, a sign of the composer's talent, because the adagio (which are total internal consistency and richness of musical thought) exposes the talent and skill of the composer.
In acrobatics adagio is the performance of partner acrobalance poses and associated movements that involve stationary balances.