The following synergies will start to be implemented:
- BPM and blockchain
- BPM and microservices
- BPM and IoT
- BPM and digital
Each process instance becomes a self-secured on-demand personal solution which:
- is built on-demand from several microservices (some data are kept within this individual solution)
- has a limited, well-defined (roles are known) and validated set of stakeholders: direct participants, indirect participants (e.g. customers), controlling bodies, governing bodies, etc.
- operates in the way that each action is secured via blockchain technology (signed by some stakeholders) - see about blockchain http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/search/label/%23blockchain
- operates in the way that its audit trail is secured via blockchain technology (signed by some stakeholders)
- instantiates on-demand microservices in accordance with process-instance evolution - see about microservices http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/search/label/%23microservices
- secures microservices dynamically at their instantiation (see 6.3 in http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.de/2015/04/architecting-cloud-friendly-application.html ) - each microservice is just binary data
- may use (via IoT) some sensors (physical world to digital world adapters) and “materialisers” / "actuators" (digital world to physical world adapters) - of course if they understand this process and agree to act particular roles
- is fully digital (see http://improving-bpm-systems.blogspot.ch/2015/03/entarch-view-on-ditigal.html )
- is virtual
- may use several existing clouds
Thus, for each individual client it will be possible to have an individual process instance which is built in accordance with the customer's needs and behaviour and which is fully secured for this customer. (See my comment to http://bpm.com/bpm-today/in-the-forum/by-2017,-will-70-percent-of-successful-digital-business-models-rely-on-unstable-processes )
A real-life example – a stadium during a football match is full of fans. Each of them has his/her own needs and behaviour. Perfect peak performance case which can be economically reasonable only via on-demand provisioning of processes and microservices.
I think, healthcare could be another example.